How to Clean Teak Furniture in 2 Easy Steps
Teak is well known for being incredibly resistant to the elements and fading. Besides its great looks, this is the main reason so many people buy teak furniture for their poolside, patios or bathrooms. Check this article too Teakshowerbenches.net/
Despite this fact, teak still needs to be properly cared for if you want to get the most out of it, just like any other wood.
Cleaning is the easiest thing you can do to extend the lifetime of your teak, but you need to do it properly. Let’s see the best ways to keep your teak clean and healthy!
Here are the materials you will need:
Clean teak furniture in 2 easy steps
When it comes to appearance, you have two choices: let teak develop a soft grayish patina or preserve teak’s original honey color. It all comes down to your preference, weathered patina teak is easier to take care of, but sealed and protected teak will always look like brand new.
1. Routine Cleaning
You can either choose a special product suggested by a manufacturer or make your own homemade cleaner. For a homemade version, mix a laundry detergent with bleach with water in a 2/1 ratio and apply it with a soft bristle brush. NOTE: You should always clean teak from the bottom when working with teak to get the best results.
Let the cleaning solution soak for approximately 15 minutes then rinse it with water, preferably with a hose. Do not use pressure washers, as they can seriously damage your teak. And if you want to keep the patina look, these two steps are all you need.
Taking Care of Your Teak Wood Furniture
Here are a couple of tips for all of you that want to keep the honey gold color of brand new teak wood:
- Pre-treat teak with a protector before cleaning.
- Seal your teak furniture to protect it from stains and keep that shiny color longer. The sealers can also prevent mold formation and you can find them on Amazon.
- Water sealers are not necessary with teak wood, as the natural oils in teak already seal it.
- Keep your teak furniture away from direct sunlight or too frequent water exposure. Even though it’s water-resistant, too much water can do damage. The sunlight, however, will fade the color of your teak.
- You can restore faded teak with a light sanding and teak restorer, to give it back its original color if you want to.
Hope these tips will help you clean teak fast and easy. Teak furniture is extremely sturdy and resistant and it can look amazing, with proper care it will stay like that for a lifetime.